Monday, February 6, 2012

Goodbye to Old Friends

Time to say goodbye to this ragged old pair of work boots.  WAY past time to get rid of them, actually.





















A good friend of mine (who happens to be a farm girl like me!) has been encouraging me to get a pair of "Ariats."  It's the top name in equestrian boots... riding boots, fashion boots and work boots.  However, frugal as I am, I couldn't imagine spending $100 on a pair of boots.

Enter ebay!!!
 

I found a beautiful new pair of Ariats for less than half price. 

The crazy thing is that I'm having a hard time parting with the old ragged pair!  Funny how it is with something familiar.  You get so comfortable that you don't want to let go.  I moved the old pair to the porch for a few days and, finally, this morning, carried them out to the trash.  Silly.  Why would I want to hold on when I have this beautiful new pair of boots.  Some lesson there, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new boots....They should do you good for a long while. I copied the pic of the old ones. Laura Vozar and I always called each other "old shoe" due to our long friendship and I can use this in her bdy card!!

    ReplyDelete