Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crockpot Apple Butter

One of the mainstays in my fridge is apple butter.  Since I was a little girl, there has always been a jar of apple butter in the fridge.  There is nothing like warm toast or a bagel spread with fresh apple butter.  My comfort food.  :-) 

My grandma's recipe is a crockpot version, which is yummy and easy to make.  I cooked up a batch this past weekend, enough to share a taste with coworkers.
 



















Here's the recipe:

12-15 apples (peeled, cored, diced) 
2 c. sugar 
4 t. cinnamon 
1 t. ground cloves 
Cook in covered crockpot on high for 6-7 hours; remove cover and cook an hour and a half; stir occasionally.  Mash while warm (hand mixer, blender or processor).  Makes 4-5 small jars.

1 comment:

  1. I just ate some of your apple butter on my mini bagel...it was delicious. Even dad likes it.

    ReplyDelete