Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hibernation's Over

Getting back in the blog mode after several months isn't easy. I don't know that there's any explanation for the absence... maybe just the doldrums that come with winter. This year, more than any in recent memory, dread came over me like a dark cloud as the oncoming cold weather approached. Just wanted to bury my head under the covers until spring.

So, now spring's here and the hibernation is over!

Seems the logical approach would be to blog in winter, when there is less to do outside and more time for the computer. I guess I'm a bit backwards these days. I'm just now getting back to blogging when it's time to plant, sow, weed, mow... ;-)

In any case, the spring rains have come and deluged our NE Ohio neighborhoods. The upside is that the grass is greener than I can ever remember. Oh, how I love the colors of spring. The small buds on the maple trees are a soft, pale green. My pear tree bloomed this morning with bright white blossoms, and the side yard bursts with the yellow of a fully-bloomed forsythia. Ahhhh... spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment