Monday, August 16, 2010

Sweet Smells

This is one of my favorite places in the whole world. My lovely white wicker bench, under a maple tree in my backyard. I have the privilege of meeting God here in this special quiet place... the joy of opening his word, meditating on his goodness, listening.

It's an especially sweet place, as there is a popcorn factory just about a half-mile away. ;-) So the morning breeze carries the sweet aroma of caramel and buttery goodness. Mmmm....

I wonder what sort of fragrance I carry with me. We all carry some sort of aroma, don't we? We sometimes smell of frustration....indifference.... smugness....impatience.

The aroma I enjoy while on my bench brings such pleasure and joy; I can only hope I smell as sweet!

But thanks be to God, who... uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.
--2 Cor 2:14

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you could smell that popcorn from you house....what a treat and no calories.

    ReplyDelete