Saturday, August 28, 2010

A New Mailbox


I glanced out the window Friday and saw my smashed mailbox laying on the pavement. Not a pretty picture. I immediately felt frustration rise up in me. What would drive someone to do this??!! Was it a deliberate act of meanness directed specifically toward me? A random act of violence? In any case, it means a trip to the store to buy a new one, and the time and effort to install it. !!!

Shortly after I got the new one up and in place, my active 70 year old neighbor came by on her daily power walk. Without stopping, she hollered over to ask how it was going. I explained my situation and she said,"Yeah, that happened to us a couple of months ago. People sometimes just don't pay attention to their driving." And, with a wave, she was off.

Perspective! I need to get a clue sometimes...

Back to normal. (I think I like black better, anyway! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment