Thursday, October 7, 2010

World Equestrian Games

For the first time in its 20-year history, the World Equestrian Games were held this year in the United States -- Lexington, KY to be exact. What a wonderful event!! Kentucky rolled out the red carpet, as a gracious host to horse lovers and competitors from around the world.

I had the privilege of attending with my friend, who lives in the Lexington area. It fueled the fire in my heart for all things horse-related.




Beautiful main pavilion. 


Molly the Pony. Injured in Hurricane Katrina, this poor pony was attacked by a pit bull at the rescue facility. She lost her leg due to the injury, and now has a prosthetic leg: http://www.mollythepony.com.



A para-dressage competitor from Italy.




California Cowgirls riding team.


Rare Marwari horses from India.


Ride - a - Reiner 

Mo loves to ride!


A dressage competitor from Israel.


A para-dressage rider with no legs -- an incredible inspiration.

Wells Fargo Stagecoach.


Reining demonstration by Josh Vissers.

Horses, horses and more horses. I felt like I was in heaven. Maybe one day I'll have one of my own. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Yep...and then I'll bet you spend more time in your barn than in your house!!
    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete