Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday's Word

This week's word comes from the forward of a book that recently came across my desk. Since my boss is an author, books regularly cross my desk on their way in and out of the office. I happened to speak with the author of this particular book last week, so was curious as to content. I stumbled on this word in the acknowledgments section at the beginning of his book.

RACONTEUR

From "Emotional Branding" by Daryl Travis:
"He's my favorite writer, raconteur, and boulevardier. Without him this book would be... well let’s just say you would never have gotten to this part."

DEFINITION: (rǎk´ǒn-tûr′) n. A person who tells stories and anecdotes with skill and wit.

So... do you know a raconteur? I can think of a few in my corner of the world ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment